Introducing AMS RMX-16 Expanded for UAD-2
10th August 2017
The AMS RMX16 was the world’s first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverb. From U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna, the unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable.
Developed by AMS Neve, and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in captures the expansive shimmer of the original hardware, and adds nine rare, custom programs, doubling the sonic possibilities of the original UAD AMS RMX16 plug-in.
Featuring 810 ms of delay, brighter rooms, and variations of the legendary RMX16 Nonlin, Reverse and Plate reverbs, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in is a powerful update to this iconic studio tool.
9 New Unique Programs – The original extra programs, previously only available as add-ons using a rare custom barcode hardware kit, come pre-loaded in the new AMS RMX16 Barcode plug-in in Programs 10-18.
Description of New Barcode Series Programs
- Delay: a single mono delay of up to 1.63 seconds (depending on hardware version) available on output 2 only, with output 1 producing a direct digital source feed. Delay time is set by the Pre–delay control, and feedback using the Decay control.
- Freeze: a variation of the max–delay Ambience mode, making it easier to control. The Decay control has three settings: 0.0 is ‘clear effect’, 0.1 ‘freeze but accept new audio’, 0.2 ‘freeze with no new input’. These modes are easy to control via the nudge buttons.
- Hall A1: an early version of the Hall C1/B3 programs, with a slightly coarser decay.
- Image P1: similar to NonLin, but with reflections being panned between outputs. Sounds very similar to NonLin when summed to mono.
- Plate B1: a variant of Plate A1.
- Reverse 2: a stereo–output variant of Reverse 1.
- Room A0: the original version of Room A1, shipped with early units. It has a coarser and brighter top end than Room A1.
- Room B1: uses a different algorithm to Room A1/A0 and features a constant diffusion density with time. The Decay control affects impression of room size.
- NonLin 1: a simpler, dual–mono version of NonLin 2, with the two mono outputs differing by providing only discrete or diffuse reflections.
Sold exclusively in the UA Online Store.