Neve 500 – Analogue/Dante/USB
The world’s first Dante-enabled 500 chassis, the Neve 500 is designed to meet the varied needs of today’s studios by combining the popular 500 series analogue hardware format with modern digital and monitoring options. The modular construction of the rack allows for many different configurations, suiting the requirements of studios at all levels.
Exclusive Marinair™ transformers are used on the input and output stage to produce that classic Neve 1073 sound, line and moc inputs are transformer-balanced.
Packing the classic Neve 1073 into a 500 series module was no small feat! Neve engineers ensure that all the class-A circuitry is faithfully maintained in the 1073LB
The classic 5dB stepped Elma switch delivers accurate gain levels throughout the gain range., this unique layout means there is no need for a mic/line switch, the pot itself selects the preamp and input.
Three distinct gain stages provided by two independent transistor-based preamplifiers provide gain for any line input or Microphone signal.
By combining the two preamps together, the 1073 preamp can deliver up to 80dB of microphone gain, bringing out the musical drive and harmonic saturation that the 1073 is famous for.
The 180-degree phase flip feature is extremely useful in multi-microphone setups with multiple preamps, ideal for top and bottom snare micing.
The 1073LB can be integrated into your studio, patched and ready to go the simply plug into the front input when needed to record quickly.
With settings of 1.2kΩ and 300Ω, the 1073LB impedance can be optimised for use with a wide range of modern or vintage microphones.
The 1073LB on Camera
More Information and Support
- Legendary Neve microphone preamp and equalizer design (Class AB)
- Exclusive Neve Marinair™ transformers used on input and output stages
- 5 switchable EQ bands
- HP and LP selectable filters (18dB per octave)
- Separate 48V phantom power supply
- Solo button selects channel unbalanced output
- Hand-built and wired precisely to original 1972 specifications
- Both inputs transformer-balanced and earth free
- Microphone input: gain +80db to +10dB in 5dB steps
- Line input: gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps
- Output: maximum output >+26dBu into 600Ω; output impedance 75Ω @1kHz
- Distortion: not more than 0.07% at +20dBu output
- Freq response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 45kHz. EQ Out.
- Output noise better than -80 dB at all line levels
The 1081 can be purchased as single or multiple units. Each 1081 module can be mounted in a custom rack. The available rack sizes are 3U (which accommodates 2 modules horizontally) or 7U (which accommodates 8 modules vertically).
Any questions on the 1081R AIR?
Please fill out this contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.