The Neve® 88M dual-channel Audio Interfacebrings the sound of Abbey Road, Air, and Capitol Studios into your home studio. This phenomenal front-end recording system uses the same transformer-balanced technology found in our flagship large-format 88RS console complimented with mastering-grade A/D conversion, delivering world-class fidelity and premier studio musicality throughout.
Exclusive Marinair™ transformers are used on the input and output stage to produce that classic Neve 1073 sound, line and moc inputs are transformer-balanced.
Packing the classic Neve 1073 into a 500 series module was no small feat! Neve engineers ensure that all the class-A circuitry is faithfully maintained in the 1073LB
The classic 5dB stepped Elma switch delivers accurate gain levels throughout the gain range., this unique layout means there is no need for a mic/line switch, the pot itself selects the preamp and input.
Three distinct gain stages provided by two independent transistor-based preamplifiers provide gain for any line input or Microphone signal.
By combining the two preamps together, the 1073 preamp can deliver up to 80dB of microphone gain, bringing out the musical drive and harmonic saturation that the 1073 is famous for.
The 180-degree phase flip feature is extremely useful in multi-microphone setups with multiple preamps, ideal for top and bottom snare micing.
The 1073LB can be integrated into your studio, patched and ready to go the simply plug into the front input when needed to record quickly.
With settings of 1.2kΩ and 300Ω, the 1073LB impedance can be optimised for use with a wide range of modern or vintage microphones.
The 1073LB on Camera
More Information and Support
Dimensions & power Requirements
- Height76mm/3inchesWidth 182mm/7.2inchesDepth 203mm/8inchesWeight 1.675Kg/3.7Lbs
- Heat Dissipation<5wattsPower factorN/AVoltageUSB3Current <900mAAudio Specification1
- Headroom+18dBu @ 1kHz (<0.5% THD+N)
- Frequency ResponseTypically +/-0.25dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Distortion (THD+N)Typically 0.008% @ 1kHz (measured at +18dBu, 10Hz to 80kHz filter)
- General Noise<-85dBu (A-weighted)Mic EIN NoiseTypically <-125dBu (A-weighted)
- Microphone InputsInput Impedance ≈1.5kΩGain +21dB to +68dBDynamic Range Line Inputs
- Input Impedance ≈20kΩGain -12dB to +35dB
- Dynamic Range DI InputsInput Impedance ≈900kΩGain +13dB to +60dB
- Dynamic Range Insert Sends 112dB Dynamic Range Line Outputs 113dB Dynamic Range CrosstalkInter-channel crosstalk<-60dBr @ 10kHz
Any questions on the 88M?
Please fill out this contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.