Superior Digital and Analogue Quality
The 1073DPD combines two world-famous Class A 1073® microphone preamplifiers with flexible 192kHz digital output capabilities – all in a single rack space. With legendary analogue circuitry and superior digital conversion, the 1073DPD is the obvious choice as an ideal front-end recording system for modern digital workstations.
Superior Digital and Analogue Quality
The 1073DPD combines two world-famous Class A 1073® microphone preamplifiers with flexible 192kHz digital output capabilities – all in a single rack space. The combination of legendary analogue circuitry and superior digital conversion makes the 1073DPD the obvious choice as a front-end recording system for modern digital workstations.
The 1073DPD’s superb analogue pedigree is complemented with high-headroom Neve-quality A/D conversion outputting high-resolution 24bit 192kHz digital via AES or DSD digital protocols. In addition, synchronization points via AES or word clock allow for seamless integration to a host of digital recording mediums.
Parallel Analogue/Digital Outputs
The 1073DPD’s parallel analogue and digital outputs are independent, allowing for simultaneous analogue and digital audio capture.
The DPD features an ADC insert via TRS connection, this gives access to the DPD’s high-quality built-in converters allowing any external analogue equipment to benefit from high-resolution A/D conversion. Additionally, this feature allows for the insertion of external analogue processors into the DPD’s signal path by feeding the analogue output into an outboard compressor, then back into the ADC insert to appear digitally to your audio interface.
Exclusive Marinair® transformers are used on the input and output stage to produce that classic Neve® 1073® sound.
Class A Discrete
The 1073DPD retains the discrete, class-A topology made famous by the classic 1073®. The discrete audio path is constructed using through-hole methods, including mounting the Marinair® transformers and class-A transistor-based amplifiers.
Unique 1073® Gain Staging
The classic 5dB stepped Elma switch delivers accurate gain levels throughout the gain range, this unique layout means there is no need for a mic/line switch as the pot itself selects the preamp and input. Three distinct gain stages provided by two independent transistor-based preamplifiers provide gain for any DI, line input or microphone signal.
High Output - Harmonic Saturation
The 1073® preamp produces up to 80dB of microphone gain. By combining multiple gain stages and utilising the output trim control, the 1073DPD can be driven hard, bringing out the musical drive and harmonic saturation for which the 1073 is famous.
With settings of 1.2kΩ and 300Ω, the 1073LB impedance can be optimised for use with a wide range of modern or vintage microphones.
The 180-degree phase flip feature is handy in multi-microphone setups with multiple preamps – it’s ideal for top and bottom snare micing.
More Information and Support
- Two legendary 1073® microphone preamps in a convenient 1U rackmount design
- Exclusive Neve® Marinair® transformers used on input and output stages
- Superior Neve-designed analogue-to-digital 24-bit converters
- 192Khz operation with DSD conversion, selectable via front-panel controls
- Dedicated input Gain controls and output Trim controls on both channels
- +48V Phantom Power and Phase Reverse switch
- High-quality Input Selector switch
- Hand-crafted and hand-wired by Neve in Burnley, UK
- Input Impedance: Mic – Switchable, 300 or 1200 Ohms – Line – 20k Ohms
- Frequency Response: 60dB gain into 600 Ohms 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5dB
- EIN: Mic 60dB gain <-125dB (22 Hz to 22 kHz bandwidth)
- THD+Noise: +20dBu into 600 Ohms <0.07% (50Hz to 10kHz) (80 kHz bandwidth)
- A/D Converter Frequency Response: Input Impedance 20k Ohms 48kHz +/-1.25dB <10Hz to 20kHz – 96kHz +/-1dB <10Hz to 40kHz – 192kHz +/-1dB <10Hz to >40kHz
- Dynamic Range >106dB
- Width: 482mm (19 inches)
- Height: 45mm (1.75 inches) (1U)
- Depth: 254mm (10 inches)
- Weight: 5kg (11 pounds)
Any questions on the 1073DPD?
Please fill out this contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.